diff --git a/_data/pizza/2026.yaml b/_data/pizza/2026.yaml index a7f468e7..a6dc6cf8 100644 --- a/_data/pizza/2026.yaml +++ b/_data/pizza/2026.yaml @@ -1,10 +1,9 @@ academic_year: 2026/2027 current: true statistics: - Cheese : 23 - Mighty Meaty: 9 - Meateor: 5 - Pepperoni Passion: 19 - Chicken Feast: 5 - Plant-Based Vegi Supreme: 9 + Cheese : 41 + Meat Feast: 22 + Pepperoni: 33 + Chicken Feast: 9 + Plant-Based: 19 Gluten Free Cheese: 3 diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.html b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.html index 71c521cd..d34ce17d 100644 --- a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.html +++ b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.html @@ -1,4 +1,4 @@ -
CSS Committee Meeting - Minutes
+
CSS Committee Meeting - Agenda

@@ -21,7 +21,7 @@ Time: - 14:00 BST + 14:00 GMT diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.pdf b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.pdf index 650d667b..fb7ea1f3 100644 Binary files a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.pdf and b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/agenda.pdf differ diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.html b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.html index 5dc35181..6ff4942b 100644 --- a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.html +++ b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.html @@ -21,7 +21,7 @@ Time: - 14:00 BST + 14:00 GMT diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.pdf b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.pdf index 32688f11..055bf0cb 100644 Binary files a/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.pdf and b/assets/meetings/2026/10/26/minutes.pdf differ diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/agenda.html b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/agenda.html new file mode 100644 index 00000000..efd8ee8e --- /dev/null +++ b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/agenda.html @@ -0,0 +1,225 @@ +

CSS Committee Meeting - Agenda
+ + +

+ +

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Location: + Hybrid +
Date: + Monday 2nd November +
Time: + 14:00 GMT +
+ + +

+ +

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
1 + Apologies + JA +
2 + Adoption of Previous Minutes + HT +
3 + Matters Arising +
    + +
  • Annual RA
  • + +
  • Valyfy Meeting outcomes
  • + +
  • New Committee
  • + +
  • Matt Leeke’s suggestion of larger quiz
  • +
+
All +
4 + Past Events +
    + +
  • Capital One careers panel
  • + +
  • Halloween quiz
  • + +
  • Pub
  • +
+
All +
5 + Future Events (standing item) +
    + +
  • Break;
  • + +
  • Christmas Meal
  • + +
  • Ball
  • + +
  • Trip
  • + +
  • Teasoc collab
  • + +
  • Other events
  • +
      + +
    • NQ64
    • + +
    • Bot-a-thon
    • + +
    • Sponsor events
    • + +
    • Bar Crawl
    • + +
    • Cheese soc collab
    • + +
    • Workshops
    • + +
    • Ice Skating
    • + +
    • PhD Info Session
    • +
    +
+
All +
6 + Sponsor/Industry Update (standing item) +
    + +
  • Pipeline and active discussions
  • +
+
HW +
7 + Finance Report (standing item) +
    + +
  • Most recent statement balance: £ 3,284.60
  • + +
  • Actual working balance: £ 2,100
  • + +
  • Pending incomings
  • +
      + +
    • Memberships
    • + +
    • Guild open day funding
    • + +
    • Xmas meal tickets
    • + +
    • Capital One pizza reimbursement
    • +
    + +
  • Pending outgoings
  • +
      + +
    • Alcohol
    • + +
    • Football booking
    • + +
    • New key
    • + +
    • Xmas meal payment
    • + +
    • Halloween Quiz
    • +
        + +
      • Pizza
      • + +
      • Alcohol
      • +
      +
    + +
  • EPS Community Fund
  • + +
  • Valyfy lost funds
  • +
+
IE +
8 + EDI Report (standing item) + All +
9 + Committee Suggestions (standing item) + All +
10 + Any Other Business (standing item) +
    + +
  • Minecraft Server
  • + +
  • Tex bot changes
  • + +
  • Hoodies
  • + +
  • Committee shirts/hoodies
  • + +
  • CSS Running tops
  • + +
  • PhD Grad stickers (Todd’s suggestion)
  • +
+
All +
\ No newline at end of file diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/agenda.pdf b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/agenda.pdf new file mode 100644 index 00000000..b6668659 Binary files /dev/null and b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/agenda.pdf differ diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/minutes.html b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/minutes.html new file mode 100644 index 00000000..33e9957f --- /dev/null +++ b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/minutes.html @@ -0,0 +1,710 @@ +
CSS Committee Meeting - Minutes
+ + +

+ +

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Location: + In-person (245, LG23) +
Date: + Monday 2nd November +
Time: + 14:00 GMT +
Attendees: + Joe Adams (JA) (Chair), Henry Thomas (HT) (Minuting), Idris Evans (IE), Albert Waldron (AW), Harry Wake (HW), Anna Charleton (AC), George Tong (GT), Tyler King (TK), Jacob Swales (JS), Day Jones (DJ), Saf Rahman (SR), Sofiia Rog (SoR) +
+ + +

+ +

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
1 + Apologies +
    + +
  • Ayati
  • +
+
JA +
2 + Adoption of Previous Minutes +
    + +
  • Unanimous adoption of previous minutes
  • +
+
HT +
3 + Matters Arising +
    + +
  • Annual RA
  • +
      + +
    • Finally been approved
    • +
    + +
  • Valyfy Meeting outcomes
  • +
      + +
    • JA, HT, TK, AW, GT, AC were present.
    • + +
    • Minutes on google drive if anyone wants to read them.
    • + +
    • TK suggests that if we apply to the grant and don’t get it, they would then be in a good position to say that since it has been rejected we haven’t got grounds to object.
    • + +
    • HT agrees.
    • + +
    • AW says we should make a big timeline about everything that happened.
    • + +
    • HT suggests checking companies house and finds they dissolved Jan 26 and started dissolution proceedings in Oct 25.
    • + +
    • AC asks what the possibility of this is, but that we definitely should go through finance.
    • + +
    • AW says he reckons they will pass us around through every guild department.
    • + +
    • DJ says that it is the best thing to try, and if it doesn’t work consider splitting from the guild and going back into school of CS.
    • + +
    • GT asks if the guild broke any rules in signing the contract.
    • + +
    • AC says we should find proof of their wrongdoing to have the best chance.
    • + +
    • AW says that the main issue is the lack of emails and going back on their word.
    • + +
    • HW suggests making sure that the sponsors from this year have actually been paid to prevent this not happening to future committees.
    • + +
    • DJ asks if we have ever lost sponsors to the guild taking too long
    • + +
    • JA says he doesn’t think so from his time on committee.
    • +
    + +
  • New Committee
  • +
      + +
    • General handover meeting done
    • + +
    • Should be mostly sorted
    • +
    + +
  • Matt Leeke’s suggestion of larger quiz
  • +
      + +
    • When thanking Matt Leeke from the halloween quiz, he mentioned he was speaking to one of the Pro-vice chancellors and she suggested CSS running a university-wide quiz, with staff support and more substantial catering
    • + +
    • General consensus is that it would be a good idea
    • + +
    • HT says he would be happy to coordinate with the school
    • + +
    • HT and JA say that christmas is too soon, but semester 2 is a better idea
    • + +
    • A collaboration with quiz soc was suggested to increase appeal
    • + +
    • HW suggests other subject societies
    • + +
    • “Big fat quiz of Birmingham University”
    • + +
    • Action HT: Reply to Matt about semester 2
    • +
    +
+
All +
4 + Past Events +
    + +
  • Capital One careers panel
  • +
      + +
    • Very successful event (discounting the halal pizza delay)
    • + +
    • Jen (Capital One) was very happy with the turnout
    • + +
    • Helped a lot by Madasar promoting it
    • + +
    • Pair programming workshop coming up (12th Nov)
    • + +
    • HW, HT, TK, IE, JA, SR, AC were all there
    • +
    + +
  • Halloween quiz
  • +
      + +
    • Started at a reasonable time, Todd let JA and JS do the alcohol because of how smoothly it went previously, and this worked well
    • + +
    • Pizza didn’t show up at 20:00 as ordered
    • + +
    • EW rings them to find out and was on the phone for ages
    • + +
    • Papa John’s hadn’t made any pizza
    • + +
    • EW tried to sort it out over the phone and it should then take an hour to arrive
    • + +
    • More time passes, EW is still on the phone and papa johns were resisting
    • + +
    • Payment over the phone didn’t work repeatedly
    • + +
    • JA had to run through Selly to pay for the pizza
    • + +
    • JA was told the pizzas would start being made before he arrived
    • + +
    • When he arrived he was asked for proof
    • + +
    • JA was severely rage-baited by papa johns while trying to prove the emails did happen
    • + +
    • Finally paid for, and they then started making the pizzas (21:30)
    • + +
    • JA finally got back
    • + +
    • 22:30 pizza still hadn’t arrived
    • + +
    • 23:00 pizza finally arrived at Gisbert Kapp
    • + +
    • JA thanks JS and HT for keeping the quiz going
    • + +
    • People start coming in for seconds and asking about thirds (offering magic tricks for pizza)
    • + +
    • Two people barge in and take pizza for thirds, JA fairly got annoyed at them, then shut the door, and brought remaining pizza upstairs for anyone to help themselves to.
    • + +
    • Left at about 00:00
    • + +
    • Need to expense alcohol via the school.
    • + +
    • TK says soft drinks are better from aldi, but more alcohol variety at sainsburys.
    • + +
    • JS says cider is often more well received than other alcohol.
    • + +
    • HT says we caught 3 teams using ChatGPT to get answers for the questions, they were zeroed on the score sheet
    • + +
    • Todd’s team won
    • + +
    • Quiz was overall well received, ignoring the pizza
    • + +
    • TK suggests that though AI should be prohibited for cheating purposes, some may use it for translating
    • + +
    • DJ says it’s not our responsibility to accommodate people that can’t understand English, as it is a requirement to get into the university
    • + +
    • AC suggests mark schemes in the future
    • +
    + +
  • Pub
  • +
      + +
    • Upstairs again, even though it was booked in advance
    • + +
    • JA says we should ask for indoors in particular this time
    • + +
    • AW asks about potentially booking Joe’s but that it may not be bookable on fridays
    • + +
    • Bristol Pear and Goose have been suggested as alternatives
    • + +
    • Booking for 20 at 20:00 for Friday 13th
    • +
    +
+
All +
5 + Future Events (standing item) +
    + +
  • Break;
  • +
      + +
    • DJ asks if we need more snacks, JA says we should be alright
    • + +
    • JA, SR, DJ, SR will be there
    • +
    + +
  • Christmas Meal
  • +
      + +
    • Nearly over half of tickets sold - 52 gone, 53 left. 1 non-food ticket sold
    • + +
    • Tickets off sale on the 13th
    • + +
    • Only need to take stickers and name plates
    • + +
    • AW asks about if we’re using the same design as last year, and if so we should change the design on the back as it was a binary message
    • + +
    • GT asks if we should ask staff if they want to come
    • + +
    • General consensus is yes
    • + +
    • IE asks if they are able to buy tickets on the guild website
    • + +
    • JA will ask in theory, JS will ask in security, JA will also email Matt
    • + +
    • “Work life balance? Woke nonsense” - AW
    • +
    + +
  • Ball
  • +
      + +
    • Action SoR & GT: Look around for some options for hosting the ball
    • +
        + +
      • Action in progress
      • +
      + +
    • SoR says all the places are very expensive or too big
    • + +
    • Burlington is still the backup option
    • + +
    • Could discuss cost of alcohol with the Burlington if we are going there
    • + +
    • JA still annoyed about the cost of his gin and tonic
    • + +
    • Could consider places that are smaller or slightly too expensive
    • + +
    • 150 tickets is probably a good amount to aim for
    • + +
    • Aston Webb is another possible place to look
    • +
    + +
  • Trip
  • +
      + +
    • DJ suggests Natural History museum and sea life centre
    • + +
    • “Wibblea bubblea buh” - AW
    • + +
    • JS suggests Manchester science museum
    • + +
    • DJ suggests Jodrell Bank
    • + +
    • HT suggests National Space Centre, could be done joint with AstroSoc
    • + +
    • DJ suggests the beach, but this is very outside
    • + +
    • JS suggests black country living museum
    • + +
    • DJ says we are quite close to Ironbridge
    • + +
    • DJ suggests RAF HQ museum (Shropshire), and they have war things there
    • +
    + +
  • Teasoc collab
  • +
      + +
    • Details incoming, meeting soon to plan it.
    • +
    + +
  • Other events
  • +
      + +
    • NQ64
    • +
        + +
      • Two week publicity due a week on thursday, TK will do that
      • + +
      • Walking train would be a good idea, but would need more chaperones
      • + +
      • 19:26 - 19:33 University to New Street train is the best one to recommend
      • +
      + +
    • Bot-a-thon
    • +
        + +
      • Action DJ: Contact Mo for use of the lab 12 - 4 Saturday, 10 - 5 sunday
      • +
          + +
        • Action completed
        • +
        + +
      • External speaker form for Matty is done
      • + +
      • Need people there to judge, and to find out if Matty can do the saturday
      • + +
      • 21st - 22nd
      • + +
      • JS can’t do sunday, but will help on the saturday if he can
      • +
      + +
    • Sponsor events
    • +
        + +
      • Pair Programming workshop:
      • +
          + +
        • Thursday 12th Nov, in UG04 if possible,
        • + +
        • Action HW: contact Madasar to book a room for it and do publicity
        • +
        +
      + +
    • Bar Crawl
    • +
        + +
      • Action GT: Look into bar crawl
      • +
          + +
        • Action in progress
        • +
        + +
      • GT was in contact with Vodbull but then got locked out of his guild account
      • + +
      • They were asking about adding some of committee to a whatsapp group to discuss further
      • + +
      • TK doesn’t think going to clubs on the bar crawl isn’t a good idea, and that some people he has spoken to would prefer not to go if it’s predominantly clubs
      • + +
      • GT says all other societies seem to do Broad Street
      • + +
      • AW and TK say that we could do different things
      • + +
      • TK says he was unaware that they often operate as pubs/bars earlier on, and so other people might be
      • + +
      • AW says a lot of the same places as last year wouldn’t be a good idea as most of them weren’t great, also some of the stops were too quick
      • + +
      • HT says that the Harborne run is another option: https://www.barcrawl.co.uk/pubcrawl.aspx?Crawl=8943
      • + +
      • A lot left to discuss about the bar crawl
      • +
      + +
    • Cheese soc collab
    • +
        + +
      • Action GT: Reach out to cheese soc for alternate dates
      • +
          + +
        • Action in progress
        • +
        +
      + +
    • Workshops
    • +
        + +
      • Python Workshop
      • +
          + +
        • Action EW: Publicity for workshop by wednesday (include mention of the bot-a-thon).
        • +
            + +
          • Action completed
          • +
          + +
        • Action JA: Make slides for workshop
        • +
            + +
          • Action in progress
          • +
          +
        +
      + +
    • Ice Skating
    • +
        + +
      • HW has emailed them again to hopefully get the booking sorted
      • + +
      • Provisionally: Wednesday 2nd December at 17:00
      • + +
      • Booking for 25 would be a good idea
      • + +
      • Potential to go to the Christmas market afterwards
      • +
      + +
    • PhD Info Session
    • +
        + +
      • JS spoke to Hamid about an idea to drive engagement for postgrads
      • + +
      • School committee for research are fully behind the idea
      • + +
      • JS spoke to head of PGR admissions who is also on board
      • + +
      • He would like to do the info talk if he can
      • + +
      • JS has also spoken to one person in security who is happy to give a talk
      • + +
      • His plan is to have one talk from each research sector
      • + +
      • Provisionally Monday 23rd November 12:00-14:00
      • + +
      • JS will try to get an RA done soon and get emails sent out
      • + +
      • Would like to have some snacks and soft drinks
      • +
      + +
    • Esports collab
    • +
        + +
      • AC considering a collab with esports
      • +
      + +
    • Bouldering event
    • +
        + +
      • Provisionally suggested for Wednesday 25th November at the Depot
      • + +
      • GT says it is cheaper for students on a monday
      • + +
      • Date still being considered
      • +
      +
    +
+
All +
6 + Sponsor/Industry Update (standing item) +
    + +
  • Pipeline and active discussions
  • + +
  • Action HW: Double check the guild have received payment from all our sponsors
  • + +
  • DJ starting to look for hackathon sponsors, HW happy to help contacting them when a list is made
  • +
+
HW +
7 + Finance Report (standing item) +
    + +
  • Most recent statement balance: £ 3,284.60
  • + +
  • Actual working balance: £ 2,100
  • + +
  • Pending incomings
  • +
      + +
    • Memberships
    • + +
    • Guild open day funding
    • + +
    • Xmas meal tickets
    • + +
    • Capital One pizza reimbursement
    • +
    + +
  • Pending outgoings
  • +
      + +
    • Alcohol
    • +
        + +
      • Action JA: Speak to Zoe to confirm how the alcohol is being paid for
      • +
          + +
        • Action transferred to (stolen by) HT and completed
        • +
        +
      + +
    • Football booking
    • +
        + +
      • Being chased by the guild for the 4th November, but awaiting Habiba for the payment to go through
      • +
      + +
    • New key
    • + +
    • Xmas meal payment
    • + +
    • Pizza - Capital One Panel
    • + +
    • Halloween Quiz
    • +
        + +
      • Pizza
      • + +
      • Alcohol
      • +
      +
    + +
  • EPS Community Fund
  • +
      + +
    • Would need to come under one of the criteria for the trip
    • +
    + +
  • Valyfy lost funds
  • +
      + +
    • See above section
    • +
    +
+
IE +
8 + EDI Report (standing item) +
    + +
  • Action SR: Write announcement to go out on 8th
  • +
      + +
    • Action in progress
    • +
    + +
  • Should be sorted soon, in discussions
  • + +
  • Trans visibility week idea:
  • + +
  • Blahaj design website
  • + +
  • HT says he would be concerned by the copyright issue
  • +
+
SR +
9 + Committee Suggestions (standing item) +
    + +
  • VONC and VOYC hammer
  • +
      + +
    • After committee discussion, these were decided against as they would not be a good use of society funds.
    • +
    + +
  • Dark blue role colour
  • +
      + +
    • After committee discussion, this was decided against as it would look too similar to committee and committee-elect roles in the discord which could cause confusion.
    • +
    + +
  • Role/channel for guild CS reps
  • +
      + +
    • After committee discussion, it was decided to implement this, as it would be a good way for reps to reach more people, and would give committee more communication with the reps to improve events for members.
    • +
    + +
  • Meccha Chameleon
  • +
      + +
    • JS happy to respond and run this
    • +
    +
+
All +
10 + Any Other Business (standing item) +
    + +
  • Minecraft Server
  • + +
  • Tex bot changes
  • +
      + +
    • Action JS: Organise discussion outside meeting and plan the potential changes
    • +
        + +
      • Action in progress
      • +
      +
    + +
  • Hoodies
  • +
      + +
    • Design discussion - committee vote returned going back to the previous design
    • + +
    • Suggestions made to combine parts of the two designs to improve them
    • +
    + +
  • Committee shirts/hoodies
  • +
      + +
    • Committee vote in favour of committee merch of some sort
    • + +
    • Action JA: look at options
    • +
        + +
      • Action pending
      • +
      +
    + +
  • CSS Running tops
  • +
      + +
    • Action HW: Gauge interest for tops on Tuesday’s run. If there’s sufficient interest then contact a few companies for quotes, including Bludog.
    • +
    + +
  • PhD Grad stickers (Todd’s suggestion)
  • +
      + +
    • Committee vote in favour of PhD Grad stickers
    • + +
    • Cost discussion
    • +
    +
+
All +
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Actual start time + 13:03 BST +
Actual end time + 14:55 BST +
Duration + 1 hours 42 minutes +
diff --git a/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/minutes.pdf b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/minutes.pdf new file mode 100644 index 00000000..a6ed64ca Binary files /dev/null and b/assets/meetings/2026/11/02/minutes.pdf differ